Returns & Exchanges
Most of our items can be returned in new, unused condition with original manufacturer packaging. For a list of items that are not returnable, see "Non Returnable Items" below. For approved return items shipped from our warehouse, you will receive a refund for the original purchase price as indicated on the original sales invoice, minus a 25% restocking fee and paid shipping. Items shipped directly from the manufacturer and returned to the manufacture will be subject to the manufacturer’s return policies.
Changes To Orders
Please note that we cannot guarantee any changes can be made to an order after the order has been placed. If you realize that there needs to be a change made, please call us immediately to see if there is a chance we can make changes. You can find our number on your order confirmation e-mail. Please note that while we will attempt to stop your order when we get the call or voicemail, we can make no guarantee a change can be made. If the order has already been processed by our warehouse team, then you will be responsible for requesting a return for the order. Please see our Returns Page for information regarding the return process.
How Returns Work
- Request an RMA within 30 days of receiving your shipment for the item you would like to return.
- If the return is approved, we will provide an RMA slip which should be printed and included inside the shipping package.
- Package up your part in the original manufacturers packaging and put the printed RMA slip inside.
- Ship the item and the RMA slip to the address we provide within 5 business days of receiving your RMA number.
- Once the part is returned and accepted back into inventory, a refund will be issued to the original payment method minus the restocking fees and paid shipping.
- All returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization number to receive return credit. Items without an authorization number will not receive return credit.
- It is highly recommend that you purchase shipping insurance to cover the value of the item to protect against damage in transit. Units that arrive damaged will not be eligible for a refund, and you will be responsible for filing a damage claim with the carrier.
- If an item is returned in a condition other than new or not packaged in the original manufacturers packaging it is subject to being refused by the manufacturer, in which case a refund will not be issued and the returned part will be discarded.
Non Returnable Items
- Items that are used cannot be returned.
- Items that do not have the original, manufacturer’s packaging cannot be returned.
- Select Electrical Parts cannot be returned - please check with us when requesting an RMA. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Fan Motors (condenser or evaporator)
- Start Kits (Relays, Overloads, Start Capacitors)
- Temp Controls that Require Programming (can't be unprogrammed and therefore can't be returned)
- Please note that manufacturers change what they will or will not accept returns on from time to time. For items that do not ship from our warehouse we will need to check with the manufacturer before accepting a return. Each manufacturer has different return policies which will supersede the terms and conditions of our return policy.
Will I have to pay any restocking fees?
A 25% restocking fee will be deducted from the return credit for items returned in accordance with the terms of our return policy. Please note: Paid shipping will not be refunded. If a part is drop-shipped directly from a manufacturer the return will be subject to the manufacturer’s restocking fee.
Who is responsible for return shipping costs?
- If we ship the wrong item, we will pay to return the item and ship the correct item at no-charge, otherwise you are responsible for return shipping setup and costs.
- If the item is damaged in-transit, please refer to the shipping policy for how to handle damaged products. We always encourage customers to call our office the moment damage is discovered in order to achieve the best outcome.
What about damaged and incorrect items?
- If the item is damaged in-transit, then please refer to the shipping policy for how to handle damaged products. We always encourage customers to call our office the moment damage is discovered in order to achieve the best outcome.
- We make every effort to ship out the right item the first time, but in the event that we ship out a wrong item we will take care of shipping the item back and shipping out the correct order right away.
Why can’t some items be returned?
- Special-order items are not inventoried in our warehouse and must be purchased by Restaurant Equipment Parts specifically for an individual customer’s order. Given the economic impact of returning non-inventory items to stock, we do not permit returns of special-order items.
- Items that do not have the original manufacturer packaging may not be returned as they are more likely to be damaged in shipment and are not able to be resold.
- Items that have been used are not returnable because they cannot be resold at full price.
Can I talk to someone about the return requirements and return-ability of an item?
Absolutely! We welcome any opportunity to interact with you about your unique situation. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at (888) 837-7891, or send us an email at email@example.com and we will review your specific situation.
Can I cancel an order?
- To cancel an order, please call our customer service team at (888) 837-7891. One of our customer service representatives will work with you to cancel your order.
- Orders may not be canceled by email or web site contact form.
- Please note: any order may be canceled before we process the order for fulfillment (i.e. before we setup the shipment or send the order to a partner for production and/or shipment). Cancellation requests made after the order is processed will be handled the same way as a return and will be governed by the indicated return policy on the product listing.
There you go, that’s it, but if you have any questions regarding this return policy you may contact us using the information below.
- 1 (888) 837-7891
- Restaurant Equipment Parts
- 4603 Poplar Level Rd
- Louisville, KY 40213